5 Top helmet locks for bike reviewed (2018)
You must prevent your helmet from getting stolen. Getting a helmet lock for bike is the sure and smart way out. The two main pointers on why a helmet lock is necessary:
- Offers security: Offers the security you need to prevent thieves from stealing your premium costly helmet.
- No need to carry helmet everywhere: Carrying our helmet across everywhere we go, is bothersome.Roam freely with your family, friends or your girlfriend without any stress of losing your helmet.
Helmet locks are the multi-purpose tools.You can use it as cycle lock. These can be also used to lock a bike, luggage, sports equipment.
Now, let’s move ahead with our top 5 picks of the best helmet locks in India:
1.Autotrump Number Changing Helmet Lock:
A multi-purpose locking mechanism used for a range of bike helmets, the AUTOTRUMP number changing lock is a handy product to have. Apart from helmets, you can also use it as cycle lock.
- A 4-digit number lock with default settings on “0000” so no need for keys
- Has a high-density rubber coated over steel wire which makes it impossible to cut
- The interlocking teeth is made up of stainless steel providing a strong locking mechanism
- A great buying option for the customers under five hundred bucks.
2.Decathlon Bike lock:
A light-weight helmet lock by Decathlon is certainly another great option to purchase. It is a valuable addition to your bike accessories providing you enough support to keep your belongings safe.
- The outer material of Decathlon bike lock is 100% synthetic
- Keys are used to lock away your helmet
- Made up of durable and strong material that does not rust in the rain
- Thick steel wire rope with a plastic covering is of premium quality and looks extremely great
3.Wintech Heavy Resettable Lock:
The resettable helmet lock by WINTECH is an ideal product that comes with adjustable code combination locking mechanism. The cable lock with superior build quality is entitled to last for some years to come.
- Thick steel wire and PVC coating prevents scratches and makes it a highly durable product
- Offers a resettable combination lock that is easy to use
- A multi-purpose motorbike helmet lock that serves wider applications
- Long enough lock wire to keep your belongings safe
4.AllExtreme universal Heavy Duty Cable Lock:
Supporting a stainless steel cable coil with security lock, the anti-theft AllExtreme multi-purpose lock is a good enough product to keep your bike, helmet, and even luggage safe.
- Two easy to use keys that are wear-resistant and non-reversible
- 1-meter long steel cable coated with PVC for extra durability & flexibility
- Extremely lightweight and portable to use lock
- Remarkably strong build quality not easy to cut or break
5.Autofy Universal Multi-Purpose Steel Cable Helmet Lock:
The last of our popular picks is none other than a 4-digit steel cable lock by Autofy. The product comes with a number code and is an ideal multi-purpose lock.
- The high-density rubber coating on robust steel wire with a number lock
- Flexible and easy to carry bike helmet lock
- A solid interlocking mechanism that withstands any burglary equipment
- Sturdily built for multi-purpose usage
Ensure proper safety of your belongings with the Autofy steel cable lock.
Things to consider before purchasing helmet lock:
- Cable material and length & width – The ideal cable material includes steel wire coated with high-density rubber or PVC that is flexible for use. Also, the length is 1-3 meter with 1.2 cm wire thickness.
- Type of lock – There are two major lock types, one with the combination code and other with the keys. The code combination found on helmet lock is resettable as per user’s liking. Also, the latter type of helmet lock is provided with two wear-resistant keys for extra protection. Choose what you prefer most.
- Stain-resistant lock – The best bike helmet locks are often stain & rust resistant. This mostly depends upon the durable material of which they are made up of.
How to lock a motorcycle helmet to the bike?
The helmet lock for bike is perfectly suited to protect your belongings and very easy to use. Simply thread the rubber-coated steel cable through your helmet’s bottom area & out through the visor while keeping a secure part of the bike in the loop such as the frame. Now, lock away your helmet either by using a combination code or through the use of keys.
Moreover, there are some helmets with no open visor. Along with open face and half face helmets, these cannot be locked with your bike because there is no space for the wire to pass through. Hence, it is important to keep such things in mind before purchasing your helmet lock.
This concludes our list of top 5 best bike helmet locks in 2018. The helmet lock is truly a great tool that prevents any burglar activity at very cheap price. Your belonging will stay safe while you roam freely on any street. So, purchase helmet lock (or cycle lock) online and avail maximum benefits.