10 Best Car Tyre Inflators in India
Many people do not realize the importance of having a car tyre inflator for back up. Under or overinflated tyres affect your safety, driving experience, and fuel economy. To jump-start you on your search, here are reviews of ten of the best car tyre inflators in the Indian market along with FAQs, buying guide.
Benefits of Owning A Car Tyre Inflator:
You never know when your car tyres will go flat. Owning a tyre inflator can make things easier, and some tasks possible. Let’s check some benefits.
- A tyre inflator come handy when you have a flat tyre and you’re in the middle of nowhere
- You’ll save tyre maintenance charges because tyres will wear out faster if not properly inflated
- Overheating won’t affect your tyres thanks to auto shut-off and preset function many inflators offer
- Optimally inflated car tyres translate to smoother and safer road trips
- A properly inflated tyre means better fuel economy
- Car tyre inflators are convenient, easy-to-use, and saves your time
You can use tyre inflators for other purposes as well. For example, works that need compressed air (keep in mind that you may need a separate power plug).
- Blowing debris away from woodworking DIY projects at home
- As a propellant for airbrushes to spray paint or pesticides
- In sandblasters to remove rust or debris
- Flushing water out of pool or pond
- Oxygenating the pool and pond water
- Removing oil from engines
- Pumping up football and basketball
Different Types of Tyre Inflators:
Classification based on mode of operation goes like this:
- Manual Tyre Inflator: Equipped with cylinders and no-slip foot pedals, they don’t need electricity to inflate your tyres. Great for both bikes and cars.
- Digital Tyre inflator: Comes with digital displays, pre-set function to set pressure levels, and auto cut-off.
Based on power source, tyre inflators are classified as,
- 12V DC inflator: A vast majority of modern-day inflators fall under this category. For powering up inflation, they utilize 12V DC power from the cigarette lighter of the car.
- 115 volt AC: They inflate faster than 12V DC but they cannot be powered by the car.
- Dual voltage electric: They are switchable between DC and AC powers.
Bases on the output pressure, tyre inflators can be classified as
- Low pressure inflator: This type may discharge pressure up to 100 PSI.
- Medium pressure inflator: This type of air inflator may deliver up to 300 PSI. Most top-rated car tyre inflators fall under this category.
- High pressure air compressor: These giant types of air inflators delivers pressure up to 500 PSI.
- According to driving safety experts, Mobile holder for car reduces probability of accident manifold if you had to use mobile during ride time.
- Usb car charger let’s you charge your cell phone, Tabs and other electronic devices while riding.
Now Let’s Look at the Best Air Pumps for Car:
1.Bergmann Typhoon Car Tyre Inflator:
Bergmann Typhoon Car tyre Inflator is the best car tyre inflator you can find online. Made from 100% heavy-duty copper, it comes with analog gauge for high precision pressure reading. A rubber bumper is also included to prevent vibration. It relies solely on a DC 12V, 150W connection. It’s quite fast – takes only 2 minutes to inflate a 145/70 R12 tyre from 0 – 30 PSI.
Talking about the air hose, it is 2-feet long and made from braided heat-proof rubber to rule out vibrations. It has a built-in LED light so you can see what you’re doing at night. You’ll also love the extra nozzles that come with the shipment. Best of all, it boasts an oil-less design that allows for little maintenance.
A one-year warranty is standard. Product dimension: 21 x 12 x 18 cm. Product weight: 1.5 kg.
- Speedy inflation
- Anti-vibration design
- Long power cord (3 m long)
- Extra fuse in case you blow out the original
- Analog gauge display
- Heats up very quick
2. Michelin 12266 High Power Rapid Tyre Inflator:
Next up is a deal breaker gadget that lets you inflate tyres (car, truck, and tractor) and charge a smartphone. All thanks to its 12v power socket and USB outlet. To make things better, it lets you pre-set the pressure level before inflating the tyre. Tyre inflation (from 0 – 30 PSI) takes only 3 minutes. Other benefits include an integrated LED light, a digital gauge (accuracy: +/- 1 PSI up to 50 PSI) and a long cord to reach all corners.
The pressure meter of Michelin 12266 is switchable between PSI, BAR, and KPI at will. Featuring a stylish and compact polymer design, carrying and storing it are a breeze. It comes seal packed in a box along with a basic instruction booklet, extra fuse, and air nozzles.
This portable tyre inflator also comes with a one-year warranty. Product dimension: 19 x 21.3 x 9.9. Product weight: 1.07 kg.
- Good inflation speed
- Switch between pressure gauge units
- USB Port for mobile charging
- Easily extends up to the rear wheels
- Digital meter might give reading errors
3. ResQTech Heavy Duty Digital Tyre Inflator:
If you’re looking for quietest digital tyre inflator, ResQTech has you covered. Besides the car, this 12 V machine also inflates bike, motorcycle, and SUVs. With a swift inflation time of 3 minutes to add 0-32 PSI, this heavy-duty device is a reliable buy. It has safety options like auto shut-off and pressure pre-set functionality to save the tyres from overinflation.
A thoughtful addition to the steel design is the cooling fan. It ensures the device doesn’t heat up while inflating. It also comes with multipurpose adaptors for a range of valves. This means you can use it for a range of inflator needs including pumping up sports balls, DIY projects, or anything that requires compressed air. It also has a backlit LED light. Naturally, you pay more for this model, but it’s a reasonable price for the sturdiness and performance.
It has a two-year warranty. Product Dimensions: 24.9 x 15 x 8.9 cm. Item Weight: 1.7 Kg
- Faster, powerful pumping of air
- Auto cut-off function
- Quietest motor and largest LED display
- Heats up a bit
4. AmazonBasics Compact Portable Digital Tyre Inflator:
If you need something more compact, portable and capable, this is it. The 12-Volt tyre inflator pumps up tyres with 150 PSI rating. It offers 22 L/M free flow at 0 PSI. Like other pricey models, it has a digital pressure readout, an LED light, and auto shut-off settings. The inflator comes with a 23.6-inch air hose for better maneuverability. Other important highlights are 0.78 CFM free flow at 0 PSI, and 10-foot power cord.
Ideal for SUVs, cars and even trucks, this is smaller enough to fit inside the car boot. The shipment includes adaptors for inflating balls. It comes with a carry case and a 1-year standard warranty from Amazon. Product Dimensions: 18 x 19.3 x 8.2 cm. Item Weight: 1.15 Kg
- Compact, durable size
- Automatic shut off
- Digital pressure readout
- Poor wire quality
- Carry case is too tight
5. Michelin 12204 Analogue Single Barrel Foot Pump:
Also on this list is Michelin 12204. Perfect for cars, trucks, and tractor, this analog single barrel foot pump is made of polymer. It features unique analog gauge with an accuracy of +/- 1 PSI up to 50 PSI. Compared to other pumps, it has a dual display for PSI and BAR. It features anti-skid pedal and pad, pedal locking hooks, and high-quality pipe.
It has a sturdy footprint steel frame with soft rubber tread plate to give great grip. And, with the high-pressure piston, you can fill the air up quite fast. To ensure secure connection it also has high-pressure air hose (67 cm) with tyre valve connector. To inflate, you have to pump it for 3-5 min at normal speed.
Product Dimensions: 11.8 x 3.5 x 4.6 cm. Item Weight: 1.77 Kg.
- The manual device is waterproof
- Doesn’t need auto cut off to prevent overinflation
- Extra 3 nozzle adapters
- Accurate pressure gauge
- It’s a noisy device
6. RNG EKO GREEN – Digital Triple High-Speed Double Cylinder Nuclear Car Air Compressor:
At number 6 we have a retro stylish portable tyre inflator by RNG EKO GREEN. Ideal for SUVs, big sedans, small trucks, and even buses it features steel and plastic body. This 12 V unit has double cylinders to supply 3 times higher inflation. It has a digital display gauge that shows the pressure of air flow from the hose to the tyre.
It automatically stops inflating when the pre-set pressure is reached. Featuring extra nozzles, LED lights, and an alligator clip, inflating your tyre has never been this easy. The bleeder valve is a nice addition to remove excess air.
Maximum air flow output: 90L/min. Rated power: 220 Watts. Maximum working pressure: 160 PSI Noise: less than 85 DB. Product dimensions: 22.9 x 10.2 x 17.8 cm. Item weight: 3.46 Kg
- Double cylinder for faster inflation
- Oil-less design demands less maintenance
- Noiseless operation
- Excess air removing bleeder valve
- Additional spare fuse
- Bulkier design
7. TireWELL TW-7001 12V Digital Tyre Inflator Auto Cutoff Portable Air Compressor:
A smart display panel, auto shut off feature, and long lasting LED make this electric car tyre inflator a customer-favorite. It is beefed-up to cope with cars, motorcycles, golf carts, scooters and more. It has a powerful 10A motor pump and 12Volt DC power cord to aid inflation. However, it’s not quite as quick as the other models, taking 4 minutes to inflate a tyre from 0-35 psi.
Brass screw connectors are included in the design to secure the cord to the valve. Through the 3 m long power cord, the inflator easily reaches all four tyres. It comes with extra inflator nozzles and adapters. Item weight: 1.1 Kg
- Compact with high-quality motor
- Portable, easy to store
- Accurate Reading of display
- Good Cable length
- Heat up a lot
- It is noisy
8. Coido 3326 Electric Tyre Inflator Air Compressor Pump:
An affordable lifesaver for your car! This sturdy car tyre air pump by Coido is made from metal and plastic. One of the advantages is the on-off switch for the flasher and air compressor. It’s not automatic, so you have to keep an eye on the in-built pressure gauge. Like all inflators, this one has built-in work light to illuminate the area.
It’s not quite as quick as other models. As per users, it takes anywhere between 3 – 7 minutes to inflate a tyre from 0 -30 psi. The maximum capacity the manufacturer offers is 300 PSI. The cord length is just enough to reach the rear tyres. It comes with three adaptors for inflating balls and bicycle tyres. Remember, you need a 12v plug for inflating bicycle tyres. Product dimensions: 27.9 x 10.2 x 15.2 cm. Item weight: 1.39 Kg
- Easy to use and store
- On-off function for better usability
- No auto shut off
- Lengthy inflation time
- Unreliable inbuilt pressure gauge
9. Goodyear 12V Digital Auto Cut-Off Car Air Inflator:
Next up is one of the popular mini tyre inflators in India – DEV-RCPA20A by Goodyear. With a PVC plastic body, it features digital display and auto cut-off function. It conveniently lets you choose both PSI and BAR setting. It also has a bright LED light that enables inflation even in the dark. To power things up, it uses a high-quality 12V DC cigarette lighter plug. It has
It scores less due to inflation time. For a 195/65 15 tyre size, it fills (0-32psi) air up in 5 minutes. Continuous running time is 30 minutes. Finally, it has a long 10ft power cord to reach all 4 tyres effortlessly.
Product Dimensions: 27 x 9 x 21 cm. Item Weight: 939 g
- Effective auto cut off
- Digital pressure display unit
- Compact, portable, sturdy design
- Average inflation speed
- Valve heats up while filling the air
- Air leakage
- Noisy machine
10. AllExtreme AE-8304Z Typhoon Double Cylinder Tyre Inflator:
Another popular tyre inflator in India that is suitable for SUVs, trucks, vans, RVs, campers, and minivans! It serves as a good bike tyre inflator, too. With a maximum pressure of 200 PSI, it can run at a maximum current of 18A. This 12V, 220W tyre inflator is easy to operate as well. The inflatable tube length and power cable length are 100 cm and 300 cm respectively. Another key feature is the powerful inflatable double cylinders to compress the air.
It also has a clamp that can be connected to the car’s power source. On the design front, it boasts fuselage with a four-rod design for noise-less vibration-free operation. It has rubber feet for better stability. The direct-drive motor makes the drive rotate with low speed. It is quiet, stable and easily controllable.
Standard 1-year warranty. Product dimensions: 25 x 10 x 16 cm. Item weight: 2.66 Kg
- Noiseless, Vibration-free
- Dual cylinders
- Ease of handling
- Heating effect
- Weak inflation rate
What to look for before buying a car tyre inflator?
A tyre inflator is a basic and mandatory accessory. That’s why you should look at more than just the price and design. Below are the important factors to consider before buying a car tyre inflator.
- Inflation speed: This gives you an insight into the wait time. The higher the inflation speed the quicker you hit the road.
- Build quality: Look for durable, sturdy tyre inflator – if you want them to serve your tyres longer.
- PSI limit: Know the maximum allowable PSI of the inflator.
- Size: it is probably the most important thing. If you buy an inflator as small as 20 x 20 cm, you can effortlessly keep them in the car. Size also determines the portability of the inflator. You shouldn’t skimp on the air hose and power lead length as well. The longer the hose the easier it is to reach all 4 valves.
- Auto shut-off: Overinflation is detrimental. So, choose inflators that automatically shut down right after the tyre pressure reaches optimum PSI.
- Power source: The most common power source requirements are 12-volt C, 115-volt AC, and dual voltage electric.
- LED lights: LED feature comes handy if you encounter a flat tyre at night.
- Run time: Whether the inflator is cheap or top-notch, overheat damages it. Hence, you should check the continuous run time as well.
- Digital gauge: Compared to analog gauges, digital gauges make things easier. Bolder texts, pressure unit conversion, ease of use etc. are some of the perks you get from them. Remember, the accuracy of the gauge is also important.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How does a tyre inflator work?
A tyre inflator is a high-pressure unit which pushes air out of its hose into a punctured tyre. The pump of the inflator unit pressurizes and stores the air inside a receiver tank. When an external force is applied (here, you either turn on the unit or pedal the inflator), the air automatically gets pushed out of the away. This movement, in turn, creates a partial vacuum which is filled up by more air. The pressure difference inside the unit and the tyre drives the inflation further and inflate the flat tyre.
What is PSI, BAR, KPA?
- PSI (Pound per Square Inch) – It is the measure of force applied on one square inch area. Simply, the unit of pressure.
- BAR – It is the metric unit of pressure. It is equal to the atmospheric pressure on earth. I BAR = 14.7 PSI.
- kPa (Kilo Pascal) – It is the SI derived unit of pressure.
How to use tyre inflator?
- To start off, connect the air inflator to the 12V power socket in the car. Don’t forget to keep the engine on so the inflator doesn’t drain out car’ battery.
- To inflate tyres, connect inflator’s nozzle to the tyre’s valve-stem properly. Ensure the connections are secure before turning on the inflator system.
- Switch on the inflator to let compressed air to enter into the tyre. Check the pressure every now and then to avoid under or over inflation.
How much air should be in my tyres?
Most passenger cars have a recommended pressure between 30-35 PSI. That means anything below this limit will interfere with fuel economy, the durability of the tyre and your safety. For the most accurate reading check owner’s manual or the sticker in the door jam.
Remember that temperature changes affect tyre pressure.
Can I drive with low tyre pressure?
Driving with an under-inflated tyre not only means higher fuel consumption, but it can also be fatal, too. If the pressure is noticeably low, tyres get overheated. And, you may end up with a fatal tyre blowout on the road. If not properly inflated, tyres will wear out faster, the car’s performance will lower, and fuel consumption will go up. In short, optimal air pressure is a must.