Best 5 half face helmets of India available online: Reviewed
A half face headgear offers:
- Protection to the upper part of head
- And zero restriction while riding
Enjoy the wind hitting your face while you zip through the streets & roads with ease. It is a perfect product for riders who want zero restrictions while riding down the road. Currently considered as an extremely popular style of helmet for vintage and cruiser motorcyclists, the brain buckets are totally cool.
Why it is called half face helmet?
These are called half face helmet because they cover only the top of forehead to halfway down the back of your head.
Does half face helmet provide enough safety?
The brain buckets are a popular choice because they are extremely lightweight but they offer substandard resistance during an impact. These helmets have the minimal required coverage to protect your head during a road accident. So, if you need a better headgear that offers safety plus freedom then go for an open face helmet. They are very close to bike half helmets.
Still, if you love brain buckets then we have something just for you. Our list of top 5 best half face helmets reviewed:
1.Vega Crux Half Face Helmet:
The half face headgear by Vega is a beauty like none other. A perfect brain bucket to match with your stylish leather jacket.
- A crowd pleaser with leather finish touch
- A secured chin strap with advanced ventilation mechanism
- Supports an aerodynamic shell for enhanced visibility
- Extremely lightweight and comfortable to use
It is one of the best half helmet in India, stunning & comfortable for riding in style.
2.Studds Troy Sporting Half Helmet:
Second in our list is the sporty brain bucket by Studds. A stylish headgear that offers full freedom to the rider.
- Outer shell material made up of polyurethane & thermoplastic material, for high impact resistance
- Dual coated visor providing resistance to scratches
- Easy to wear & remove through quick release chinstrap mechanism
- Available in various unicolor & graphics options
The helmet is not ISO certified.
3.Studds Cubs Half Face Helmet:
This helmet is an amazing product that provides riders the power to ride freely. Providing impeccable riding experience, the Cubs headgear by Studds is simply the best.
- Supports dynamic ventilation system that offers more comfort to the rider
- EPS concussion padding and anti-allergic velveteen
- Polycarbonate and silicon dual hard coating makes visor scratch resistant
- Aesthetically advanced and extremely lightweight
A great buying option for every biker.
4.Studds Femm Half Helmet:
Another superb brain bucket by Studds. The Femm headgear has a visor for providing extra protection to face from dust & windy conditions during riding.
- An outer shell is made up of thermoplastic material with high impact resistance
- Quick release chinstrap mechanism for ease of operation
- Simply stunning product with excellent design & build material
- Easily adjusts with rider’s head in 10 days’ time
Under ₹ 1000 it is one of the popular buys among riders in India.
5.O2 Half Helmet:
ISI certified O2 headgear is a significant option for our comfortable rides. The superior helmet is of good quality and provides long-lasting support.
- The coolest half helmet online with a superb design
- Easy to wear & remove without any issue
- Lightweight, stylish and very comfortable
- Supports an adjustable strap for long rides
The star helmet is not good for rainy days. Colour starts to fade as water gets absorbed.
The BIG Question – Why half face helmet is not recommended?
Yes, this is an article on the best bike half helmets but still, we will never recommend their use while riding bikes. And the reason is simple. Its safety features are nowhere near to the recommended protection provided by a full face helmet. The headgear covers only the top of your forehead to halfway down the back of the head. This isn’t enough to keep you protected during an impact. There are so many portions that are left uncovered if you choose the brain bucket.
Can you see in the above picture where the high impact zone is?
It is the chin area where the impact percentage is two-times the second highest impact zone (as shown in the LHS image). This is an area which isn’t covered on the half face helmet. So, choose at your own risk.
Half Helmets are even banned in some part of India:
In Bangalore, state of Karnataka has imposed a ban on the use of non-ISI and half face helmets on two-wheelers. This enforcement comes under Section 129 of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, which bans the sale of non-ISI marked helmets. As per the reports, Bengaluru and Mysuru traffic police have stated that only ISI certified full-face helmets will be permissible on the road. Any other helmet will be seized and destroyed.
The difference between a full face helmet and half face helmet is the remaining amount of face you’ll retain after a bad accident. So, it isn’t recommended to choose them over others for bike riding. Still, if you only need the half face headgear because they are just so comfortable, then select from our top 5 picks. These are the best ones currently available in the Indian market.
Read our detailed review on modular (a.k.a flip-up helmet) here.
If you are of adventure type and like bike race, read our off-road helmet review.