Top 10 Kick and Play Baby Gyms with Play Mat in India
A baby gym is a necessity for kids during their first year. It offers activities to stimulate curiosity and sensory development. Also, it is an excellent toy for neck strengthening, tummy time practice, and developing motor skills. Biggest bonus: when kids play with a gym toy, it buys you a bit of hands-free time.
In this article, we are going to walk you through some of the best kids gyms that are available online. Different styles, fun features, sensory and auditory boosters, educational values and safety are all detailed to simplify the buying process.
Read More: If your child can engage with play, parents can join in any pretend play like kitchen set games.
Our Top 10 Picks of Baby Play Gym from Online Market:
1. Fisher-Price Kick and Play Piano Gym:
Starting off this list is a Kick and Play Piano Gymby Fischer-Price, the timeless and trusted name in kids toy manufacturing. Made for the little kickers, it is built around an adorable kick-to-play keyboard. The keyboard lights up and plays different melodies when the baby kicks it. Also, it adapts with baby’s actions i.e. Lay-and-play, tummy-time play, sit up and play or take the mat along when he takes independent steps.
The keyboard comes with five light-up keys and four melodies. The piano gym also has kid-friendly toys – a hippo teether, self-discovery mirror, elephant clackers, rollerball frog, and more. Made of soft and smooth material, it won’t irritate the child even if he lies on it for many hours. Item Weight: 2.2 Kg; Product Dimensions: 45.5 x 68.5 x 7.5 cm.
- Grows through four growth stages of kids
- Entertaining music and lights
- Enhances motor skills
- Thick, comfy pad is machine-washable
2. DearJoy Baby Kick and Play Gym with Mosquito Net and Baby Bedding Set:
A well-padded (4cm thick cotton bedding) baby play gym with a net for newborns to 6-month-old kids. The kid-tough mat is soft and safe to lie on, there’s really a nice mix of hanging tiny toys on the repositionable panel. It also has a soft pillow to support the neck and head. The teether is BPA-free, and the pops of colors are good for stimulating vision development. The zippered net will safeguard the child from insect and mosquito bites.
The baby bedding is made of pre-tested material, so you don’t worry about kids’ safety. Most parts are washable. Size: 78 x 63 x 58 cm. Weight: 721 g.
- BPA-free overhead teether
- Great padding for tummy time fun
- Toys are detachable
- Easy to fold for storage or travel
- Low-quality toy hangings
- Mat is smaller
3. Kiditos Happy Fitness Frame Play Gym:
This baby play gym, created by Kiditos, is full of features that boost your child’s auditory and sensory development. The vibrant gym is preloaded with twenty different melodies. When shaken or kicked, the music starts playing. It also has dazzling lights and colored beads to capture his attention. Another feature many parents loved about is its stereoscopic wale texture which improves kids’ tactile development.
Made of PVC, it easily folds up for travel. Set it up over a baby mat or attach it cribs (you may need to purchase the fasteners separately. Age: 3 months and above. Weight: 921 g
- Non-toxic toy
- Dazzling lights and soothing melodies
- Easy assembling
- Narrow design. Kids’ hand may hit on the sides
- Gym is unsteady
4. Fisher Price Newborn to Toddler Play Gym:
This baby play gym is all about activities, music, and light. It comes with adorable animal play toys to hang overhead, but you are not limited to those only. This toddler play gym offers age-appropriate activities as your baby goes through the different stages of development. You could use it as a ‘lay-and-play’ mat, ‘sit-and-play’ toy with put-and-take ball trough and as ‘stand-and-play’ with zebra and giraffe ball drop.
It has two modes for music – one for continuous play; other plays only if it is kicked or a ball is passed over the arch. It is easy to set up and convert and, the padded mat is machine washable. Item Weight: 2.87 Kg; Product Dimensions: 66 x 80 x 47 cm.
- Encourages fine and motor skills
- Detachable design
- 3 stage adjustable for growth
- Lights and music functionality
- Non-adjustable hangings
- Width limitation
5. Fisher-Price Growing Baby Folding Activity Gym:
At number 5 is another play gym for babies by Fisher-Price! Multi-color design punctuated with vibrant hanging toys help support baby’s visual senses. The interactive arch has fish with a peek-a-boo mirror, lion, teddy, and two butterflies. Made of non-toxic plastic, it is sturdy and easy to store. Maybe one of the best things it offers is versatility: If you’re traveling, you just fold and go. Else, set it up on the bed, stroller or the crib.
With many fun activities to develop sensory skills, gross motor skills, and eye-hand coordination, the asking price is well within the moderate limits. Age recommendation: 6 months and up. Item Weight: 1.6 Kg. Product Dimensions: 48.9 x 7.6 x 33 cm.
- Kid safe with no sharp edges
- Foldable design is easy to store and carry around
- Great activity
- No music and light functions
- Teether isn’t BPA-free
6. Chinmay Kids Play Multi-Function Piano Baby Gym & Fitness Rack Baby Gym:
Next up is a multi-functional baby piano play gym by Chinmay kids. The featured piano has pre-programmed sounds and lights. It offers 3 ways to play – when your baby is on her back, she can kick it to play music; she can push it with hands during tummy time; when she is ready to sit up, she can play it like a regular piano.
It is made of 100% safe and non-toxic material. It’s got a soft playmat for her to lay on and it features vibrant designs. The overhead play bar has detachable hanging toys along with baby teether. Manufacturer recommends it for kids age 6 – 36 months but remember once your baby gets big, the mat length wouldn’t suffice.
- Enhances motor skills
- Safe and non-toxic construction
- Quick and easy assembly
- Limited foot space for taller kids
7. Techhark 5 in 1 Multi Use Baby Bed Baby Sitting:
This is a unique product that is different from other types of baby gyms on this list. It is a multipurpose portable infant bed – you could use it as a baby cot, baby booster seat, baby sofa, or fix it on a chair/baby stroller Use it as a shoulder bag when you’re traveling – it folds into a backpack in seconds. Great option for on-the-go parents.
At only 1.58 kg, it is suitable for kids up to 6-month old. Discontinue use when your child is up on his/her hands and knees. It may seem expensive for some, but it is a comfortable sleeping/sitting environment for your child. The fastening belt will keep your little one safely in the bed all night (or day).
- Foldable, portable, and safe
- Comfort sleeping zone
8. Toyshine Baby’s Playmat Gym with Toys:
This well-received playmat gym with toys comes with four light-up piano keys. As your kid grows from lay and play to tummy time to the time where he can sit up at the piano, you can change up the play. The gym is made of CE, 7P, and EN71 certified materials – so it is safe. The vibrant designs, activity toys including the mirror, sounds, and light stimulate the baby’s developing visual senses. It also aids in building gross motor skills as the kids kick or stretch their muscles to touch the toys.
Suitable for kids between the ages of 6 to 36 months, it is lightweight (1.3 kg) and foldable. The soft padded mat included ensures a soft landing when kids tumble, roll or fall.
- Soft padded mat
- No sharp edges
- Eco-friendly and completely kid-safe
- Mat sizing restrictions for taller babies
- Poor quality plastic
9. Nagar International Baby Playgym Cum Playpen:
From detachable arch bars to soft and comfy mat, hanging toys, and head support pillow, this one has everything to keep your kid occupied. The bassinet-like gym is portable, easily collapsed, and moved from one room to the other. The play mat is designed in such a way that design is not so loud. Playtime or tummy time, you can take a deep breath knowing that your kid remains safe inside – thanks to its usable space of 77 x 64 x 10.4 cm and bassinet design.
Made of export quality non-toxic material, the gym has stars, fish, and teddy to attract kids’ attention. Item Weight: 1.7 Kg.
- Help in kids’ developmental stages
- Hand washable playmat
- Safe for baby use
- May not contain kids above 6 months
- Lacks a hard base
10. Home Crust Baby Bedding Play Mat Bed:
The angry bird-themed play mat bedding assembles in less than two minutes and has activities to keep your baby engaged. It is made of 100 percent glace cotton to provide utmost comfort to babies. It comes with multiple angry bird toys to hang overhead. The vibrant padded mat is machine washable and comes with a matching pillow. The fiber-filled pillow helps prop up your baby when it is his tummy play time.
It is detachable and easy to carry around. The gym is completely netted to protect the baby from crawling or flying insects. Suitable for newborns to kids ages 4 months. Bedding dimension: 60 cm x 60 cm x 60 cm.
- Free from toxins
- Zipped net cover to protect kids
- Easy to clean and wash
- Unstable base
- No music and light functionality
How To Choose An Activity Gym For The Kids?
Here is a list of features to look for in a kids activity gym to ensure you are getting the best brand.
- Size: It depends on the usage duration and space availability. You should consider your kid’s growth rate as well.
- Washable or not: Cleanliness is a critical factor. So, check if the gym is waterproof, machine or hand washable.
- Collapsible: Some kid’s gyms will fold while some others don’t. If you are an on the go parent, choose foldable playmats and gyms that easily slides into the car.
- Material: Don’t buy a gym that is made of cheap quality PVC or foam. They do more harm than good. Go for the models that are EN71 certified for safety. Good quality material also ensures the durability of the product.
- Playmat thickness: It plays a significant role in determining the safety and comfort of the child.
How to Choose Baby Gym Toys?
Kids spent a lot of time in their cradle or in the activity gym. Therefore, you should find some toys like water sound press, hanging balls, butterflies and more to keep your kid occupied. Besides being the ‘fun elements’, toys serve other purposes, too. For example, they can aid in cognitive development, give teething relief, and enhance gross motor skills. Here are some tips to choose the best gym toy.
- Don’t buy hard or rough toys. Choose soft, cushy ones like stuffed animals with music function.
- Try avoiding regular plastic toys, use only BPA-free toys otherwise. Example: BPA-free teether ring or hanging balls.
- Also, don’t buy multi-piece, small toys. Kids may swallow them accidentally.
- Ideal toys should be machine washable
- Get soother, snuggle toys, and teether with bright colors.